Character Name: Ereshkigal
Series: Fate/Grand Order
Outfit: 3rd ascension outfit

Started: January 2019
Finished: August 2019
Hours to make: ___
Cost of materials: approx. $315 CAD
Status: Active
Worn at: Otakuthon 2019

General Comments:

My husband started playing FGO on our way back from Japan at the end of 2018, which lead to me and another friend FOMO start playing too. It took me a little while to get into it, but watching my husband play through the Babylon arc really got me interested in catching up. Ereshkigal became my fave as soon as she made her story debut (who doesn't love a Rin-face haha), and I really liked her 3rd ascension outfit, so it was an easy cosplay choice to make.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with how this turned out. I didn't really get a chance to try the whole costume on together before its debut day, so there are definetly a few point of improvement that it could use on a second wear. The sash/belt needs to be cut shorter, and I didn't consider how heavy it would be and how it would weigh down the skirt. If I wear it again, I'd probably replace the petticoat with a hoop skirt.

Costume Construction:

Construction notes coming soon.


Over dress:




Wig Styling:

The wig was made using an Arda Luthien SILKY in Custard as the base and Long Clip SILKY in the same colour. The base wig was steamed to flatten most of the curls and the bangs were trimmed and styled. The long clip was spliced in two and re-attached to smaller clips. The two new hair clips were trimmed and then curled at the bottom using a curling iron to blend in better with the rest of the wig.


The cage was made primarily out of worbla. The base was made out of foam circles that I cut out and then covered in worbla. The bars were made out of rolled out worbla that were bent at the top to form the dome and glued to the base. To help make sure I kept a truly circular shape, the horizontal bars were metal rings. What I found out while assembling it all together was that the metal rings wouldn't stick to the worbla at all, so I ended up having to manually stitch the rings to the bars using thread. The detailing on the cage was made out of foam clay and worbla scraps. Finally, the strap made made out of strip of leather painted black, and clipped on with a bag clip.